I am a terrible meal planner. I just find meal planning boring.
School is starting in less than a month though, and being that we are not the kind of people who like morning so much, we find ourselves skipping this debated most-important-meal-of-the-day quite often.
With that being said, I am planning ahead now to ensure I start getting in a better routine of having breakfast food at the ready.
In hopes of getting myself more enthused about the early meal, I’ve searched cookbooks and Pinterest in hopes of finding something more exciting. I have a breakfast board on Pinterest of course, but when it really comes down to it, I always find myself going back to the basics.
With that being said, here are 9 Breakfast Ideas to keep things simple:
- Pancakes – My favorite are these Banana Pecan Buckwheat Pancakes from Vegetarian times. They are a big hit with my family and with friends I have made them for. I also love the Buckwheat Pancake Mix from Arrowhead Mills. What are your favorite pancakes?
- French Toast – I love slicing up a loaf of Italian Bread and soaking it in an egg mixed with flavored coffee creamer and frying it up in butter. I use real maple syrup so I feel less guilty about the whole creamer business.
- Bagels – On special days they are topped with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers.
- Granola and Yogurt. My favorite is KIND blueberry and flax seed granola!
- Eggs cooked however you like with a side of sausage or bacon and toast. (I prefer to turn mine into a breakfast sandwich.)
- Breakfast Burrito – similar to a breakfast sandwich but on a tortilla and topped with salsa.
- Waffles You need a waffle maker of course. I have a cheap one from Amazon that does the job just fine!
- Oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar or maple syrup. What toppings do you like in your oatmeal?
- Breakfast Quinoa with bananas and pecans! (pictured above. Click the link to learn how to make it.)
- Cereal – personally, I’m not a fan of cereal for breakfast. It seems to make me hungrier quicker, but they are still selling it in the breakfast aisles for a reason, right?
What is your favorite thing to make for breakfast? (Notice I said “MAKE” because making breakfast is very different from having breakfast. )
Please share your simple breakfast ideas in the comments! I’m always looking for more ideas!